11.03.2013

Monday Spotlight | Jazmin Jackson


When I met local designer Jazmin Jackson last year at her Launch Party/ Fashion Show, I was remember being blown away at how wearable and sophisticated her line JAZMEEN was. As each model sashayed across the runway, I thought "I would wear that, and that, and that, oh and that!" Every piece was completely understanding of a woman's physique and could easily be portrayed in a young professional's working wardrobe. JAZMEEN is a line that speaks out as a declaration of chic sophistication with a twist of new age style.
This year, it's no surprise that Jackson has up'ed her game. With a few new bold, head-turning pieces and a finalists position in the ELLE x Byco Design Challenge, nothing can stand in her way. I was able to take a moment and speak to Jazmin about her line, snag some style tips, and talk about the ELLE contest.

Finalist piece: The Carolina Kaleidoscope Fit & Flare Dress by JAZMEEN 

1- Tell me about your line, anything new since we last saw you?
JAZMEEN continues to adorn women with sensible statement pieces. From wedding gowns to a new collection with my very own custom printed fabrics. I recently featured work at the Father Ryan Arts center.
2- How would you describe your personal style?
If it's not comfortable, it's not for me. If I don't feel confident and happy wearing it, it's not for me. I LOVE COLOR! My smile is my greatest accessory.
3- How have you changed/grown as a designer?
I'm featuring my artistic skills more in my designs with my custom printed fabrics and I'm a member of Tech Shop in Bakery Square experimenting with laser cut technology. Super excited!
4- Any style tips for the Fall/Winter season?
My go to item this Fall/Winter are wedge ankle boots! They're versatile, comfortable, and functional. I pair with skirts, skinnies, and wide leg trousers. And best of all, I don't have to sacrifice comfort for style.
5 - Talk about the ELLE contest.
Elle teamed up with Byco.com to create a design competition where Byco will manufacture & sell the winning design and Elle will document the creation process of the design and do a feature story in their January 2014 issue. Over 250 designs were submitted and I'm currently a top 5 finalist!

Be sure to check out and follow JAZMEEN:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...